this cup is half full, fer cryin' out loud

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Next Phase

I'm back in Jerusalem. At work. At my desk. Slept on and off today until about 1pm, and have been here at the office since 2. It feels like forever, but it's only been 3 hours. Since i triumphantly entered the City of Gold on Sunday afternoon, I've had 2 nice home-cooked meals with 2 friends, eaten some borekasim and a nice felafel, lathered up for a soothing shave and enjoyed the familiar comforts of my futon.

Today at work I am sucking eggs.

I am a total bust when it comes to planning.

If I have to run a session, have a one-on-one with a kid in crisis, or arrange the schedule for the next week, I click into action. Rock n' Roll.

Right now I have a few nebulous planning and preparation tasks to do. I've done exactly zero in three hours. Well, not zero. I created a new archive folder on my Yahoo! mail, and berated the new maintenance kid for taking a box off of my desk. And I ate a big styrofoam bowl of Ramen noodles, and talked a lot to Adi, my new co-worker, and Haggai, my co-worker-turned-boss.

and i listened to 2 Elliott Smith albums. AND i checked my email and facebook 37 times each.

I know there's a spark of fantastic livingness and dynamism out there. I can see it out of the corner of my eye.

2 comments:

Jason Streitfeld said...

I had a really great health teacher Freshman year at Coral Springs High School. (That was before they invented the Stoneman Douglas, of course.) Mr. Deveny . . . or Diviny, or maybe Deviny . . . whatever. He was a lot of fun. Anyway, one day in class he said that he liked to think that, whenever he saw something moving out of the corner of his eye, but turned and looked and there was nothing there . . . he liked to think it was something from another dimension just sort of taunting him or something. I think the guy smoked a lot of weed.

Ibrahimblogs said...

I hope the dynamism out there bowls you over and you enjoy life to the fullest! I wish you all the best for the planning and preparations tasks you have got to do!

This is Ibrahim from Israeli Uncensored News